compensation: $60,000 - $75,000+ / year + full benefits package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Procurement Manager – Raw Materials and Components
Location: Dubuque, IA
Wage: $60,000 - $75,000 / year + full benefits package
Direct Hire Opportunity
A local Northeastern Iowa manufacturer is growing and seeking to add a key member to their growing procurement team to provide leadership in development and implementation of specification, qualification and quality control processes for cover, raw materials and components, including managing corrective action plans and ensuring that suppliers meet quality specifications and standards.
What you get to do:
• Manage component and raw materials procurement for the corporation, including inventory, cost management, supplier development, supplier negotiations, purchasing and supplier performance management.
• Manage global program for fabric and leather, including managing requests for quote and final costing; analyzing shipping patterns; reviewing fit samples; projecting usage; and ordering and maintaining production quantities.
• Accountable for material requirements planning and sourcing to achieve lowest total delivered cost procurement. Develop and implement procurement plans to achieve desired performance targets that balance delivery, fill rates, transportation costs, inventory investment and turnover to optimize service levels for end customers.
• Request supplier quotes and negotiate to secure best terms (e.g. MOQs, payment terms, quality requirements, etc.) for cover, components and raw materials.
• Responsible for evaluation, analysis and reporting to support S&OP processes, add/drop analysis and communication, supplier performance management and order data management.
• Accountable to maintain inventory and service levels to budget and to meet corporate goals for safety stock, availability and inventory turns.
• Work with cross functional teams (Logistics, Operations, Engineering) to ensure orders ship “on time” and to specification through the programs established for each supplier.
What we need from you:
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, marketing or business administration with 3-5 years of experience in progressively responsible procurement, sourcing or supply chain role. Experience will be considered.
• Fabric purchasing and international sourcing experience (Strong preference)
• Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria.
• Strong analytical, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Excellent computer skills and organizational ability.
• Results oriented, proactive, independent.
If you are interested in learning more, apply today and submit a copy of your professional resume to the email provided in this job posting. Click REPLY button.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers